General & Mechanical Services (GMS), based in Annapolis, MD is a Mechanical/HVAC Services & Solutions Company servicing commercial, municipal and federal clients.
GMS is seeking a motivated, recent college graduate or graduating senior that is interested in the mechanical service industry with a mechanical engineering, construction management, project management or similar degree.
The candidate will learn the industry from the ground up to ultimately support accurate and on-time estimating of incoming and self generated opportunities.
- Become fluent in the various software applications required of the job
- Learn the various solutions we generate for our clients
- Learn the various widgets that comprise our solutions
- Obtain an understanding of our company including our brand, customers, goals, etc.
- Rotation through various divisions of the company to get first hand experience
- Be competent in spoken & written presentation for estimates and reconciling documents
- Must be a self-starter
- Must be computer literate, preferably Microsoft products
- Demonstrated experience with all MEP elements is desirable
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (Desirable)
- Bachelors or higher degree in an engineering, construction or project management related discipline is desired
- Self-starter attitude with proven results-oriented focus
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent verbal communication
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in scheduling
- Customer focus