GMS is looking for high energy individual with 2 to 5 years of experience in an office environment, preferably within the mechanical/construction Industry. Excellent computer skills are a prerequisite along with previous use of MS Project, excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
The full time administrative assistant / receptionist role will report directly into the office manager and is responsible for working with the service and project teams to support their execution of multiple mechanical service and construction projects in mission critical facilities. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- General office responsibilities to include: filing, mailings, document preparation, forms, cell phones, etc.
- Answering the phone, taking messages, forwarding calls.
- Assisting the service and project teams with their administrative duties including: scheduling, database entry, setting up projects, submittals, IOMs, tracking documentation, etc.
- Assisting with Accounts Receivable function and other light accounting.
- Assisting with HR functions as necessary.
- GMS safety program – ensuring technicians have their certifications in place, tracking dates and compliance with GMS and client requirements.
- Technician licensing – assist with the process of tracking technicians compliance with their licensing requirements.
Candidate(s) need to have excellent organizational skills, coupled with strong verbal and written communication abilities. They need to be self-motivated and goal-oriented. Must work well under pressure in a deadline driven environment and be flexible to change with business priorities. Must have ability to interact with multiple levels of personnel and customers. Must be legally able to work in the U.S. and complete a clean background check. Office experience is a must, mechanical/contracting industry is a plus.